Code researcher Li Jönsson is together with her peers Åsa Ståhl, Laura Forlano, Ramia Mazé and Kristina Lindström hosting a track at next years DRS conference. The track; “Design, Research and Feminism(s)” invite contributions exploring notions of criticality and, or, feminism in design research.
Possible topics among others may include:
– feminist perspectives on and approaches to knowledge-making and epistemologies in design research;
– design research work as a critical (feminist, intersectional, decolonial, etc.) position and/or practice;
– the agency of critical theory and/or critical practice, the research as activist;
– feminist critical theories in design research as an expansion/elaboration/challenge to ‘critical design’ and speculative design;
– cases of feminist design or design research practices, for example as speculative feminist fabulation and/or proposals of alternative futures and/or histories.
Link to the call: http://18.104.22.168/drs-v3/track/design-research-and-feminisms